Saturday, August 7, 2010

Simple people

Yesterday was one of the best days I've had in a while. I saw my acting "big brother" and we talked for about two hours straight. It's been a long time since I've seen him,and he's been through allot. But i noticed something about him that i never noticed before...he is one of the most forgiving people i know! Everything he says is positive. He never has a bad word to say about anybody. I'm generally a happy person, but i hold everything in. So in past years that has resulted in suicide attempts and allot of trips to the psychologist. And i hadn't thought about that in quite a while, then all this sudden my bro looked at me and said," I'm really glad that God didn't want you to die." I had never thought about it in that way. Ever. God didn't want me to die. I've been going to church since i was a wee babe. and pastor after pastor has said the same thing about God, Jesus, and the HS... it can be described in John 3:16 easily. but i get board with easy. But just hearing from someone that whole idea of "God actually thinks about you,and cares about you" made me literally start crying. This morning i woke up with a different view of who God is. After 5 years of going to a good church with good teachers it took a totall of 5 seconds for 1 guy to show me just what i misunderstood about God.

No comments:

Post a Comment